FAQ - General
What is your returns and exchange policy?
We are happy to refund or exchange your purchase. The product must be returned to us within 7 days from the date of delivery. Please be careful when choosing your paint colours as there is no exchange or refund on tinted paints.
All items should be returned in original condition, unopened and undamaged. We will only accept items that meet these standards.
To proceed with a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a refund form. Please complete and return the refund form with your name, receipts and reason for return.
Please note, Returns & Exchange may take up to two weeks to process. The cost of returned goods will be refunded to the credit card that payment was made from.
Do you ship orders outside of Australia?
For orders outside of Australia, please contact email@example.com
How is my order going to be delivered?
We use Australia Post for small orders, such as fan decks and sample pots. Larger orders are delivered by a courier or freight transport company.
How long will my order take to arrive? Are there lead times for some products?
It varies. Allow 3-10 working days for delivery of paints dependent on the postcode.
Fan decks and sample pots will be dispatched the same day, for metro areas you can expect next day delivery via Australia Post, for regional areas allow for an extra 1-2 days.
If there are any delays with the dispatching of your order, one of our Monsta Crew will be in contact with you.
What if no one is at home to receive my order?
It is important when placing your order that you complete the delivery instructions shown on at the checkout page. The courier will leave the products at the front door unless otherwise specified.
REMEMBER: double check you delivery instruction.
Can I select my colour from my computer screen or monitor?
It is NOT RECOMMENDED that you choose colours from looking at a computer screen or monitor. Computer screens or monitors are not accurate and colour should always be chosen from the colour cards.
How do I track my order?
Once you place your order you will receive an email outlining the order details and it will also include a tracking number. You can click the tracking number and it will take you to the courier website where you can find out the estimated delivery of your products.
Do you Deliver to PO Boxes?
A P.O. Box address will not accept any parcel deliveries.
How do I reset my password?
There is a password reset link on the Sign Up page, look for "Forgot your password?". Please click this link and you will be able to enter your email address so we can send you an email to change your password, it is important that you use the same email address that you used to sign up with.
FAQ - Product
How to choose the right sheen?
Monsta is keen to be a part of you making the right choices… so let's see how to best get that right sheen for your project. Start with asking yourself the following questions:
- What room, area, or surface is being painted?
- Will the painted surface be handled frequently, or subjected to abrasion or excessive wear?
- Will the painted surface be washed or scrubbed frequently?
- Will the painted surface be regularly exposed to moisture or high humidity?
- Does the surface being painted have any nicks, dents, or surface flaws present?
Your answers to these questions will help you select the best paint sheen to use, based on the following advantages and drawbacks of different paint finishes. Check out the Paint Finishes on the Paint Page.
How much cleaning do I need to do before I start painting?
Surface preparation is one of the most important stages of your paint job. Firstly, ensure the surface you are painting is dry, clean and free of any surface contaminants or particles. Even though walls may look clean, we recommend wiping down using a mild detergent and rinse wash with water to give a good clean. Paint bonds best to a clean surface.
If walls are existing or aged, ensure all loose or flaking paint is first removed. Complete any patching or repairs needed before sanding back to ensure the wall is even and as smooth as possible.
Do I need to use a primer?
Primer, Sealer, Undercoat – Our Monsta Prep Seal is recommended to be used on plasterboard and wall board surfaces, plaster walls and timber. This clever product performs as a 3 in 1 paint primer, sealer and undercoat helping to create a great paint finish on all surfaces it is applied to. Using this product ensures your walls are not too absorbent and you don’t use more paint than needed. 1 litre of Monsta Prep Seal will cover up to 16m2 however on porous and absorbent surfaces, e.g. plasterboard walls, this coverage could be reduced to 10m2 so take into account the nature of your surface when estimating quantity needed. In normal drying conditions of 230C and 50% RH, the undercoat will dry in approx. 2 hours to then allow painting. If preferred, you can apply Monsta Prep Seal one day and paint over it the next.
How much paint do I need?
Work out the total square metres (m2) of the area you need to paint. 1 litre of paint covers up to 16m2 per coat, therefore as you need to apply two coats of paint 1 litre will cover 8m2.
A simple calculation to work out the quantity needed - for every 8m2 of the area you are painting, allow for 1 litre of Monsta paint! Remember if you have absorbent or rough surfaces the coverage will be reduced. If you are going with 3 coats for the standout finish or onto dark surfaces, then work on allowing 1 litre of paint for every 5m2.
Before using remember to stir – we always recommend to stir paint before using as this ensures the colour tints are evenly dispersed and you have no colour separation. Stir using a flat paint stirrer in a circular upward motion for 3-5 minutes. Hint – to ensure no colour separation, after stirring brush out a few strokes on another surface to check the colour is consistent.
Tips for using a paint brush
- Before using a paint brush, it should be pre-wetted and the excess liquid should then be removed, leaving the brush damp but not wet. This step will help the paint transfer better to the surface, and make it easier to apply.
- Hold the brush lightly with the fingertips, near the base of the handle.
- To load the brush with paint, dip 1/3 to 1/2 of the bristle length into the paint, then tap the brush against the inside of the paint tray to remove the excess paint.
- Paint should always be applied with the broad side of the brush, not the edge.
- Apply the paint to the surface in long, light, even strokes. Hold the brush at about a 45º angle to the surface, applying enough pressure so the bristles flex slightly, and lift the brush slightly at the end of each stroke. To avoid overspreading the paint, brush the paint from unpainted into painted areas.
- On the last stroke, lightly stroke the brush across the length of the surface. This will help provide the smoothest finish.
Tips for using a paint roller
- Before using a roller cover, it should be pre-wetted, the cover should then be spun or dabbed with a rag or paper towel to remove the excess liquid. This step will help the paint transfer better to the surface, and make it easier to apply.
- To load a paint roller with paint, it should be rolled back and forth in the well of the roller tray until the cover is uniformly covered with paint, then lightly rolled back and forth on the upper portion of the tray to remove the excess paint.
- Starting at one corner of the room, the paint should be applied over about one square yard at a time. The paint is applied to the surface by making a large M or W shape, and then the unpainted areas are filled in with horizontal cross strokes.
- To avoid spattering, the paint should be applied with slow, even strokes. Each stroke should be overlapped into the previously painted area before it dries, for a more uniform finish.
- Each section of wall should be finished by lightly rolling the last pass vertically (or at right angles to the cross strokes), rolling each pass in a single direction.
What should I clean my brushes/rollers with?
Although our paints are water based, wash up away from drains. Tools and accessories will wash up with water before the paint has dried. Don’t pour left over paint down the drain. If not storing, brush out onto newspaper or onto saw dust and let dry to then throw out as general waste.
What should I do with my empty Monsta pails?
Empty Monsta pails make great storing pails for all types of things at home or in the garden shed. Wash out and re-use where possible, if you are disposing we suggest you send them to plastic recyclers.